Final Exams Spring 2013
Wednesday, May 15 - Study Day - Library open 8 am - 7 pm
Thursday, May 16 - 8 am - 9 pm
Friday, May 17 - 8 am - 5 pm
Saturday, May 18 - 9 am - 2 pm
Sunday, May 19 - 1 pm - 8 pm
Monday, May 20 - 8 am - 9 pm
Tuesday, May 21 - 8 am - 6 pm
Spring Semester 2013 - Hours
Monday - Thursday, 8am - 9pm
Friday, 8am - 2pm (closing early starting 4/19/13 - 5/10/13)
Saturday - closed
Sunday - 3pm - 8pm
Summer, Winterim and Semester Break hours may vary.
Summer 2013 (begins 5/23/13)
Monday - Thursday, 9am - 4pm
Closed Friday - Sunday
UW-Washington County students, faculty and staff members must present a valid I.D. to check-out circulating library materials.
Area residents are also welcome to use the library. Upon presentation of a driver's license or school I.D., you will be issued a free community borrower card which will enable you to check out books, musical scores, CDs and DVDs. The user is responsible for lost or damaged materials. Reference materials and magazines must be used in the Library. You may use the electronic databases and are encouraged to request reference help. For interlibrary loan and personal computer use, please contact your local public library.
UW-SYSTEM RECIPROCAL BORROWING
Any currently enrolled student, faculty, or staff at any University of Wisconsin institution may check out materials and utilize our reference services and electronic databases. Users must present a valid UW System I.D. and fill out a registration form. The user is responsible for lost or damaged material. Inter-loan service is available through the individual's home campus.
Friendly, professional librarians are available over 60 hours per week during the school year to help you locate print and electronic resources to meet your information needs.
Jennifer Chamberlain, Library Director
Eric Harding, Associate Academic Librarian
Ruth M. Maschmeier, Library Services Assistant
University of Wisconsin-Washington County, 2nd Floor
400 University Drive
West Bend, WI 53095
Enter UW-WC through Theatre entrance off of upper parking lot. Follow signs to the library located in the southeast corner of the 2nd floor.
- BOOKS - 45,000 volumes arranged according to the Library of Congress System - 28-day loan period for circulating books. Reference materials must be used in the Library.
- PERIODICALS - Over 100 current subscriptions to magazines and journals. Periodicals do not circulate. Electronic subscriptions to over 100 journal databases containing thousands of titles, many in full-text.
- NEWSPAPERS - Daily News (Washington County), Statesman (Kewaskum), Times-Press (Hartford), Ozaukee Press, Sounder (Random Lake), Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Wall Street Journal, New York Times.
- CENSUS MICROFILM - For 10 selected counties in Southeastern Wisconsin 1840-1920 and naturalization records for Washington County 1855-1904.
- MUSIC - Scores & CDs - 28 day loan.
- VIDEOS - VHS & DVDs - 14 day loan.
- CAREER INFORMATION - Over 300 books with information on career planning, job descriptions, resumes, etc., and catalogs for Wisconsin colleges and universities and books on careers -14-day loan
- RESERVE MATERIALS - Items placed on reserve are checked out with your UW-WC I.D. at the Circulation Desk in the Library. A copy machine is available - 10 cents/page. Individual instructors select the loan period for reserves:
- 2 Hour/No Overnight (Overdue fine: 50 cents/hour) around the clock
- 1 Day & 3 Day (Overdue fine: $1/day)
- OVERDUE FINES on circulating materials are $.10/day late for books, musical scores, and CDs. Late fees for videos are a $1.00/day. Fines For "Library Use Only" items are 50 cents/hour around the clock.
- RENEWALS - Most items may be renewed once. Renewals may be made in online, in person or by calling 335-5206. Tell us the barcode number on your library card and the title of the item you wish to renew.