Instructional and Information Technology
Spring 2013 Computer Lab Hours
|Room 259, L277, & L285 General Access Labs||
Monday - Thursday
8 am - 9 pm
|Friday||8 am - 4 pm|
|Sunday||3 pm - 8 pm|
Logging on to UW-WC Computers:
- Active UW-WC Students: Enter your userid & password. Access your userid & password if unknown.
- College Connection Students: Contact the IT department at WSH-TechHelp@uwc.edu to obtain a login account to access the UW-WC computer labs.
- Absolutely no food or drink in labs
- Save files to your Z drive or SkyDrive
- Respect quiet environments
Faculty/Staff: Accessing Z: Drive From Personal Computer
- From a Windows 7 or Windows Vista Computer
- From a Mac Computer (10.4 or greater)
- From a Windows XP Computer
Login on the Music Promo Login on the right side of the page under the jukebox
Q. Where is the best place to save on the school's computers?
A. The best place to save your work is on your Z: Drive, a personal storage space which you can access from any computer on campus. Locate the icon on your desktop labeled "Z: Drive". Double-click on this icon to view your files. When saving files from another appliation such as MS Word be sure the destination path is Z: Drive.
Q. How do I check my printing account balance?
A. Click on the paper account icon on the taskbar. Your remaining balance will display. The first $10.00 of printing is included in student fees. If you need to add money to your account, click here for a request form. Additional prints are .05/page for black and white, and .25/page for color.
- The default print setting is DUPLEX setting. This means that print jobs over one page in length will be printed back-to-back as the default.
WHY: This change will help us reduce our expenses on paper. In four month on our campus just over 185,000 impressions were printed; 148,000 were single-sided.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO: Continue to use the print preview function to check your page count and format before you print. Be prepared to see your printouts back-to-back.
TO PRINT ONE-SIDED: If you still need single-sided printing, you can still designate the print job in that format. In the Printer Properties turn the Duplex setting to ‘off’. This will change only the current print job. You will not be able to change your default to OFF.
- Current UW-WC Students: The first $10 of printing credit are provided at no cost to you (paid by your student tech fee). Add print credit.
- UW-WC and UWM Concurrent Enrollment: The first $10 of printing credit are provided at no cost to you (paid by your student tech fee).
- UWM Students: You can purchase paper in increments of $5. Request forms for additional paper quota can be obtained in the library.
- Pricing Information: $0.05 per page black & white, $0.25 per page color.
- Current UW-WC Students: To access UW-WC mail, go to http://washington.uwc.edu/. Click on campus email at the top of the homepage and enter your username and password.
- College Connection Students: To access UW-M e-mail accounts, students can log into any UW-WC lab machine and visit https://pantherlink.uwm.edu/ .
- UW-WC and UWM Concurrent Enrollment: If a student is enrolled concurrently in both UWM and UW-WC classes, they will have email accounts at both institutions. Once a student is no longer taking UW-WC classes, their only email account will be through UWM Pathermai
- All students using UW-WC lab computers will be allocated 75 MB of storage space on the UW-WC file servers. This is known as your Z: drive. Students are encouraged to store frequently used files here as the Z: drive is backed up nightly. You can only access these files on campus.
- Student may store up to 25 GB of files on the SkyDrive in Windows Live. This information is in the Cloud. You will be able to access it from off campus.
Log in to your school e-mail account and click on SkyDrive, see the sample picture below.
If you do not know your user name or password follow the link and enter your information Access User ID and Password
Report a problem or request a service with the Central IT Service Center. PRISM, D2L.
Report a problem or request a service with the UWWC IT Department.
Contact the UWWC IT Department by calling 262-335-5266..
Recommended Minimum Hardware Specifications:
RAM 2 GB or more
Video RAM: 512 MB
Processor: 1 giga hertz (GHz) or faster (32-bit or 64 bit processor)
Hard Disk Space: 200 GB
Operating System: Windows 7, Snow Leopard 10.6
Wireless Card: Wireless G Compatible
Deals on Dell PC's. At least 10% off!
Apple Discounts 5-10% off!
D2L System Check
Wisconsin Integrated Software Catalog (WISC Software) Student pricing on MS Office
(2 out of 3 UWWC I.T. staff recommend iPhone)
Tamara Becker, I.T. Manager
Mark Robson, Network Administrator
Steven Hoffmann, Network Administrator
Tyler Borchardt, 2nd Year I.T. Intern
Jessica Ross, 1st Year I.T. Intern
Proctoring Hours By Appointment Only
Contact : WSH-Proctoring@uwc.edu
The University of Wisconsin Colleges offer three types of distance learning delivery systems: WislineWeb, Wisline Video and Online.
WislineWeb uses an audio and computer link so that faculty and students can talk to each other and edit each other's documents in a real time classroom setting.
Wisline Video uses audio, computer links, and video connectivity so that faculty and students can not only converse but can also see each other in a real time classroom setting.
Online, or Web-based, teaching is not in real-time. Students and faculty interact with each other as members of a class, over the Internet using the D2L online platforml. UW Colleges online courses hardly ever meet at a particular time or place although they are structured within an academic semester time frame.
Compressed Video Use Policy & Rental Information
Visit http://www.uwc.edu/cio/UsePolicy.htm site to get more information about using the CV facility at UW-Washington County.