All classes are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis and enrollment is limited. Register as early as possible to avoid disappointment (see schedule below).
If you have questions - visit the PRISM student help section or phone Student Services at 262-335-5201.
Students are strongly encouraged to meet with a Student Services advisor or faculty member before registering for classes.
Continuing Students are offered the first opportunity to register for classes. Registration dates are based on the number of total credits you have already completed. Credits are completed credits only and do not include the current semester. It does include transfer and test credits. You can also check your registration date on PRISM. Sign in and click on SA Self Service>> Learner Services>>Home>> View Enrollment Appointment. Your appointment date/time is listed.
REMINDER: The Advance Tuition Deposit of $100 must be paid at least 24 hours prior to registering. You will also need to clear any HOLDS or negative service indicators on your record before you can register.
Step-by-Step: How to register for classes:
- Prepare worksheet of classes you are planning to take next semester. Use the schedule planner and Associate Degree requirements worksheets to help you in this important process!
- Make an appointment with Student Services or your faculty advisor to have the schedule approved.
- Have your student id and password ready. This information was mailed to you.
- You're now ready to register for classes on PRISM
- Be sure to select the correct term (example: Fall 2013).
- Enter the 4 digit class number in the Class Nbr field or click the lookup button to view the schedule of classes. To add more than 6 Class Numbers, click ADD ANOTHER CLASS.
- If the course has more than one component (lecture, lab, discussion), you must choose each component. You will be prompted to add the related section. If the class has more than one component but there is no choice in component sections, the lab/ discussion will automatically be added.
Questions or problems registering? Visit or phone (262-335-5201) the Student Services office as soon as possible.Forgot your password? Click here
Adding/Dropping Courses — more info.
Re-entry and incoming transfer students must make an appointment with a counselor in the Student Service office (262-335-5201) in order to register for courses.
Special Students and Youth Options Program Students must make an appointment with a counselor to discuss their course selections and to receive information on registration dates. High School Special students and Youth Options Program students will not register until a specified date prior to the beginning of the semester. Fees for Special and High School Special Students include the $25 Placement test fee and $100 Advance Tuition deposit. Fees for Youth Options Program students only include the $25 Placement test fee.
Applicants for admission to UW-Washington County are considered based upon their academic preparation, scholarship, and evidence of ability to do university level work and benefit from it. In addition, applicant's high school class rank, ACT composite score and completion of 17 college prep credits will be considered. Contact your high school counselor for further information. You will be asked to submit the following items: special student application, official high school transcript and youth options worksheet.
Enrollment at other UW Colleges: If you have applied to our campus but are interested in taking an additional class at another UW College (such as Fond du Lac or Waukesha), you cannot register online. Make arrangements to meet with someone in our Student Services office. We will then contact the other college to determine if the class is available and fax your information to them.